Some video of 1960s cowboy stars in the Rose Parade – followed by a commercial! If you can’t see the above video, click here.
Look at what I found on YouTube. Footage from a Rose Parade in the early 1960s.
Anyway, I looked up the identities of the riders and the shows they were from. Some were before my time, others were a hazy memory and some will surprise you as much as they did me.
I bet you’ll be surprised, too.
- Bill Boyd, aka “Hopalong Cassidy”
- Roy Rogers and Dale Evans
- “Sgt. Preston of the Yukon”
- Guy Williams as “Zorro”
- Richard Boone of “Have Gun, Will Travel”
- Texas John Slaughter and The Swamp Fox of “Walt Disney Presents:” Tom Tryon and Leslie Nielsen
- Robert Horton of “Wagon Train”
- The stars of “Lawman” – Peter Brown and John Russell
- Three members of the cast of “Bonanza” – Lorne Green, Dan Blocker, maybe Pernell Roberts (on the dark horse in distance. I don’t see Little Joe’s paint horse.)
- The stars of “The Cisco Kid” – Leo Carillo and Duncan Renaldo
- Andy Devine and Guy Madison of “The Adventures of Wild Bill Hickock”
Are any of your faves here?
Happy New Year!!